Pesquisa de referências

Sub-Saharan Africa : breadbasket for a growing population

Recurso electrónico / electronic resource
Coleção: Documentos eletrônicos
Título: Sub-Saharan Africa : breadbasket for a growing population / Lovemore Forichi, Joana Meyer, Reto J. SchneiderAutor: Forichi, Lovemore
Publicação: Zurich : Swiss Reinsurance Company, cop. 2014Notas: Sumario: African farmers are heavily exposed to weather-related events like floods and droughts, especially as roughly 80% of them are smallholder and family-based farmers, running an open roof business. The other 20% are larger agricultural companies and cooperatives. If a harvest is destroyed, the farmers lose their income. This often means that farming is abandoned altogether, since the resources to continue are no longer there. Insurance helps to keep farmers in business when disaster strikes. Tailormade products are available for any type of farming be it smallholder farmers or large professional enterprises Materia / lugar / evento: Seguros agrarios Riesgos meteorológicos Climatología agrícola Mitigación de desastres Prevención de riesgos Africa del Norte Autores secundários: Meyer, Joana
Schneider, Reto J.
Swiss Reinsurance Company
Outras classificações: 7